Answered By: Timothy Grasso Last Updated: Apr 28, 2020 Views: 19
Fuller's Hubbard library has two reference librarians that are available to help students and faculty, both in Pasadena and online worldwide. Their names are Jinsook Seo (Korean Studies Specialist) and Natalya Pashkova (Community Outreach Specialist).
There are several ways that you can reach out for reference help:
1. Both Reference librarians can be reached at their department email, email@example.com. This email can be used to ask general reference questions or to request follow up on specific reference requests. You can also email to discuss setting up an electronic reference appointment with special requests; for instance, meeting after normal hours.
2. You can schedule an appointment with the Reference Librarians using our online scheduler. This portal gives you the option of scheduling a meeting in person, over the phone, or online.
* During the library building closure, only email, chat and virtual meetings are available.
To book your online meeting, please the following steps:
- Go to Fuller library website at library.fuller.edu and click on Reservations link.
- Under Book an Appointment, click on Appointment Scheduler.
- Select Reference Librarians.
- Select preferred Date and Time.
- Provide as mush information as possible in the reservation form and submit it.
3. If you wish to speak to the reference librarians right away, they can be reached by phone between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday (availability may vary during Summer quarter). Call 626.584.5612 for Jinsook and 626.584.5638 for Natalya.
4. If you would like to get an immediate response, you are welcome to utilize our LibAnswers platform via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the library homepage. When the reference librarians are online a "Chat Now!" Link is available in the "Contact Us" box.
This page also contains links to tweet your question to @fullerlibrary and access to our FAQ database.
When the reference librarians are not online (or at the bottom of an FAQ search results page) you can also submit your question directly to LibAnswers. One of our reference staff will respond by the next business day.
5. Last, but not least, you can always ask for the reference librarians at the front circulation desk. They are available to answer your reference and research questions, or to schedule an appointment for an in-depth consultation.
While you are always welcome and encouraged to take advantage of services provided by our reference librarians, you can find many answers about the library, our collections, and general reference in our FAQ database (LibAnswers) and through our comprehensive library research guides arranged by subject. Also, check out our library resources page, brimming with helpful 'how to' tutorials, research tips, and instructions for library users.