Answered By: Timothy Grasso Last Updated: Jun 03, 2019 Views: 1
Mango Languages is an online language learning database that the library freely offers to Fuller students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Mango Languages features over 70, self-paced, language learning programs that are truly global in scope! This not only includes European languages (e.g. English, Spanish, German, French), but 20+ ESL courses, Ancient languages (Biblical Hebrew, Koine Greek, and Latin), East Asian languages (Korean, Chinese, and Japanese), along with many other world languages and dialects.
Mango's language courses seamlessly integrate audio repetition, visual recognition, and grammatical function in an easy and enjoyable interface. Successful course completion prepares students for basic conversation and textual recognition in the target language. Mango also includes courses in national/regional culture and customs.
To access Mango Languages:
1. Click the Databases button from the Fuller Library homepage and search "Mango" or select it from the database list.
2. Sign in to the database using your Fuller ID.
3. Once you are singed in, you will be brought to the Mango Languages profile login page. First time users should click "Create your profile."
This will prompt you to create your own unique username and password for accessing Mango. Doing so will allow you to save your course selections and progress.
Note: If you would like to view available languages or test a course prior to creating an account, you can "Use Mango As A Guest." If you select this option your course progress will not be saved.
4. Select a course in your desired language, and have fun learning!
5. There is also a Mango Languages App available to help facilitate language learning on the go. Your user profile allows you to seamlessly sync your progress across your phone, tablet, and laptop. Download it from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Whether you are looking to expand your conversation into a new language community, or refresh your knowledge of biblical and scholarly texts, Mango Languages has something for everyone!
Mango Languages is freely offered through the gracious grant support of Ms. Peggy Helmerich.