Answered By: Natalya Pashkova Last Updated: Feb 28, 2019 Views: 5
We use BlueJeans software that's freely available at http://bluejeans.com/downloads.
1. The first time you use BlueJeans, follow the prompts to download and install the BlueJeans application. The next time you open a link to the meeting the app will automatically start.
2. If you are using your own computer, make sure you have a good internet connection and an up-to-date browser (Chrome or Firefox recommended). One way to test your connection speed is at speedtest.net. We recommend a wired connection with at least 1 Mbps; wireless connections may drop intermittently. We also recommend a headset for the best audio, plugging in the power on your laptop, and closing any applications or network intensive programs. You can view the app description here.
3. To test your connection prior to the meeting, go to bluejeans.com/111, follow the prompts to download the App if necessary, then select Computer audio, check your camera and mic, and select Join Meeting.This will connect you to a test room to test your mic, camera, and audio.
Please note, if you are on High Sierra and have trouble loading the camera, open “Photobooth” while BlueJeans is running.
4. When it is time to join your meeting, please click on the link provided for you. Select Join As Guest (you do not need to create an account), check that your camera and mic are on. Proceed to Join Meeting when you are ready to join and enter your name.
Please do not join the meeting more than 5 minutes in advance, as the virtual room may be in use by another group.
5. If you experience issues with your connection, try plugging in to a wired network or moving to a location with a stronger wi-fi signal. You may also try hanging up and reconnecting or switching to an audio-only connection. For some meetings you may be able to communicate with other participants and get help through the built-in chat.
For more information, please consult BlueJeans tutorials at https://support.bluejeans.com/videos