Answered By: Timothy Grasso Last Updated: Jul 24, 2018 Views: 7
Fuller's Hubbard library has two reference librarians that are available to help students and faculty, both in Pasadena and online worldwide. Their names are Audrey Chun (Korean Studies Specialist) and Natalya Pashkova (Community Outreach Specialist).
There are several ways that you can reach out for reference help:
1. Both Reference librarians can be reached at their department email, firstname.lastname@example.org. This email can be used to ask general reference questions or to request follow up on specific reference requests. You can also email to discuss setting up an electronic reference appointment with special requests (like meeting after hours).
2. If you know you would like to meet with the Reference Librarians you can schedule an appointment directly using our online scheduler. This portal gives the option of scheduling a meeting in person, over the phone, or online.
Normally, this can be accomplished through the library website with the following steps:
- Go to Fuller library website (library.fuller.edu) Click on Reservations link
- Under Book an Appointment, click on Appointment Scheduler
- Select Reference Librarians.
- Select preferred Date and Time.
- Fill out the questionnaire and your are set!
3. If you wish to speak to the reference librarians right away, they can be reached by phone between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday (availability may vary during Summer quarter). Call 626.584.5612 for Audrey, and 626.584.5638 for Natalya.
4. If you would like a more immediate electronic response, you are welcome to utilize our libanswers platform via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the library homepage. When the reference librarians are online a purple "Chat Now!" Link is available in the left "contact us" box. This page also contains links to tweet your question to @fullerlibrary and access to our FAQ database. When the reference librarians are not online (or at the bottom of an FAQ search results page) you can also submit your question directly to libanswers. One of our reference staff will respond by the next business day.
5. Last, but not least, you can always ask for the reference librarians at the front circulation desk. They are usually available to answer quick reference questions, or to schedule an appointment for an in-depth consultation.
While you are always welcome (and encouraged!) to take advantage of our knowledgeable reference librarians, many basic questions about the library, our collections, and general reference are also available in our FAQ database and through our comprehensive library research guides (arranged by subject). Also feel free to check out our library resources page, brimming with helpful 'how to' tutorials, research tips, and instructions for library users.