Answered By: Timothy Grasso Last Updated: Dec 07, 2018 Views: 64
Thanks for your question! There are several aspects of the Interlibrary loan service. The standard service involves borrowing books from other Libraries. The Hubbard Library borrows books from other schools for Pasadena campus students. Since ILL privileges only apply to site-to-site borrowing/lending, the Hubbard Library is unable to send borrowed books (from other schools) to regional campus or online students, as that would be a violation of ILL policy.
However, there are options for Regional Campus and Online students:
ILL/Borrowing Books: There are two options:
1. ILL through the public Library: Most public Libraries use the same ILL service as the Fuller Library. They are able to obtain books for any patron.
2. Partnership with other schools: Most Fuller regional campuses have partnerships with major universities in their area.
3. Books-by-mail (For Pasadena Library Books only): Regional campus students (and Online students in the U.S.A) are able to request books from the Pasadena Library through the "Books-by-Mail" ILL request form tab. Students need to verify that their home address is up to date in the contact information of their library account. If not, it can be updated through the "my info" tab of the current student homepage. For more detailed information on using Books-by-mail visit the Library Services for Online Users libguide.
ILL for Articles:
1. Regional campus and online students are able to request ILL's for articles that are not owned by the Pasadena Library. The articles (if sent via pdf) will be posted to the ILL page of the student's library account. If the articles are to be copied and sent by mail, they will be forwarded to the student's primary address shown on his/her ILL account. *Other schools may charge a fee for mailing service*
2. Document Delivery from Pasadena: All regional campus/ online students are able to request digital copies of print articles from the Pasadena Library through our scan-on-demand service.
For more information about the the Library tools and services available for regional campus and online students, please visit the Library Services for Online Users libguide.
Pages for individual regional campuses can be accessed below:
Fuller Orange County: http://infoguides.fuller.edu/c.php?g=567637&p=3910021
Fuller Colorado: http://infoguides.fuller.edu/c.php?g=567637&p=3910019
Fuller Northwest: http://infoguides.fuller.edu/c.php?g=567637&p=3910020
Fuller Arizona: http://infoguides.fuller.edu/c.php?g=567637&p=3910017
Fuller Texas: http://infoguides.fuller.edu/c.php?g=567637&p=3910016